Friday, July 15, 2011

CSA Year 2 - Week 4

On Wednesdays, Good Food Collective lets the members know what to expect for the week's share. I was so excited to see that blueberries were on the list! So excited that I couldn't resist doing this....

Blueberries

Aren't they lovely? They come from Hurd Orchards which I found surprising, given that there are a few pick your own blueberry places right around the corner here. Regardless, they are delicious. I can (and do) eat blueberries like they're candy. Which they are.

So, I'll cut the chatter and get to presenting the whole picture of this week's share...

CSA Year 2 - Week 4

1 head lettuce
another bunch scallions
a generous handful of basil
1 PT blueberries
1 massive bunch Swiss chard
1 small yellow summer squash
1 small zucchini

Lettuce: You know the drill by now. Salads, salads, salads.

Scallions: My scallions from last week are still sitting in the vase, and these got added. I may be sharing some of these before we get Week 5.

Basil: Already used up in pesto. This time I made a basil-walnut pesto.

Blueberries: Although I'd like to say that I'll make some yummy muffins, I may eat most of them before I get that far. We shall see.

Swiss chard: Since I have some left over from last week, I think it's time I break out the recipe that GFC posted on their website, which they originally got from epicurious.com: Swiss Chard Lasagna with Ricotta and Mushroom.

Summer Squash: I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these yet. My Dad also brought me one of each from his garden, so it may be a pasta add-in, or the zucchini may be grilled. I will have to consider this one more.

In the meantime, I still have blueberries!

Keep Posted - on the 20th check back for WIP Wednesday - House Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment