Monday, August 8, 2011

CSA Year 2 - Week 6

Before I get started, you are probably wondering whether or not I can count. Yes, yes, I can. There is a reason that I missed Week 5....

Sunlit Arches

I was in Texas. The above is a picture I took at Mission San Jose. The rest of my pictures, including many of some elusive peacocks can be seen in my Flickr set. Texas was HOT - 103-105 every day! But, it was fairly dry and it was *very* nice to get away for a bit before the school year starts.

So, Week 5 was picked up and consumed by my dear friends Val and Brian, who belong to the same CSA.

Anyway, onto Week 6.....

Week Six

2 cucumbers
1 pint apricots
4 small heads lettuce
1 pint blueberries
1 stalk dill
6 ears corn
2 green peppers
2 zucchini
1 pint tomatoes

And, since I am late in posting, I will just let you know what I ended up doing with all these yummy veggies!

Cucumbers & Dill: My Dad had already dropped off a bag full of cucumbers, so I knew what I was going to do with them - make some dill sandwich slices. And I did. Mind you, I almost needed stitches as well. There is a reason my middle name is not Grace - that is for sure! *Tip for using your mandoline*: Use the holder thing and cut the ends off your cucumbers before slicing them, it works so much better that way!

Apricots: I still have the apricots, and I am still thinking a tart of some sort. Val and Brian saved our cherries from Week 5, so I am thinking an apricot cherry tart. What do you think?

Lettuce, Peppers & Cucumbers: Continuing the salad train....

Blueberries & Zucchini: I ended up making Zucchini Bread with Blueberries and Mini Chocolate Chips. It was delicious! There was a handful of berries left and they went in smoothies.

Corn: Most of the ears were eaten grilled with some Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and served with some grilled shrimp. There are two left for later consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment