I had already finished the one birthday_block that was due in February, it was Cari's black and red and white block request that I chose to do a Four Corners block for.
The other part of February was a Valentine's Wall Hanging for the house. This is based on a panel that I've had forever and just hadn't gotten around to. I've never really been a panel person, but I really liked this one, so bought it during an online shop hop. Around last August I had most of it hand quilted (I outlined the tree), but then it sat stagnant for a while.
One of the things I had inherited over time was a collection of antique buttons. Kept in Mason and Ball jars with bail type lids, I had spent a lot of last summer and early fall sorting them by color and cleaning them. So, maybe I had buttons on the mind, but I thought the wall-hanging was in need of something. So....buttons!
I went through the buttons I had and grabbed the red and brown ones I thought would work and attached them. Now it looked complete. All it needed now was binding. Luckily I had some left over from my Modern Squares Quilt.
And it's finished. Although the brown polka dot binding doesn't match exactly, I think it looks pretty good!