Friday, August 3, 2012

Where the Ocean Meets the Land...

So...I'm behind again. No huge surprise. But, in missing Week 6 there was a good excuse! (It's also the reason I'm behind on 7&8 - but I'll be caught up by Monday hopefully) Main(e)ly (HA!) it was because I was uploading and editing these photos...




Maine in a Nutshell


Maine. Rapidly becoming one of my favorite places. (Salem, MA is my number 1 and has been for years.) Maine emerged in 2007 as I searched for someplace to vacation in August that wasn't hot. So, you go North.



Foggy Path


Day One was foggy, but still great weather for getting out and stretching the legs on one of the many hundreds of miles of trails in Acadia National Park.



Light to moderate hiking was made easier with my new Keen sandals.

New Kicks


As you can see, it didn't take long to christen these bad boys.

One of my favorite things about Maine is that it appeals to me on a soul-level. An Astrological level if you will. There is something about the junction of the ocean meeting the land and the rocky crags that very much bring me to peace.

New this time was camping at Seawall. Which is as it is named, seawall where the ocean really meets the land. Dozens of tide pools....

Ocean Art


and rocky shores abound....

Reaching BW


Most trails are a frustratingly beautiful combination of R&R ...

Roots and Rocks


roots and rocks...

But the view....


The Beehive and the Beach


is always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment