Friday, August 31, 2012

Year Three - Week Twelve: More Fruits Than Veggies!

Some days life happens and you don't get everything done as soon as you want to. Some days you need to do other things. So, while out madly trying to catch crashing waves with my camera...


How Stars are Born


SUCCESS!

The share was delivered, so had to be photographed on the kitchen table in poor (read not ideal for photography) conditions with my point-and-shoot.


Week Twelve


So, technically, I think if you count everything minus the cilantro, it's even, but it *looks* like more fruit than veggies. Which makes me happy. So, that's what I am going to believe.

1 handful cilantro
1 bag Asian salad greens
1 small head lettuce
1 bunch beets
1 large handful green beans
2 eggplants
1 canary melon
1 QT nectarines
1 QT grapes
1 QT plums
1 PT red raspberries
5 apples



Cilantro: Put right in the dehydrator. I'm tired of all the wilted herbs, but I'm tired of just putting them in the compost bin.

Asian Salad Greens/Lettuce: The usual.

Beets: Made beet chips in the oven. A little oil, a little sea salt - a lot of NOMs!

Green Beans: Canned along with some my Dad had brought.

Eggplant: More eggplant fries. :) Nom.

Nectarines: Nectarine Salsa.

Grapes: Made some grape-apple-pomegranate jelly.

Plums: Plum BBQ Sauce....

Red Raspberries: Another one of my downfalls. More so than blueberries. I literally ate the whole PT with milk and chocolate sauce. It was delicious.

Apples: Applesauce.....

No comments:

Post a Comment