Monday, October 8, 2012

12 for 2012: September Dump - All Caught Up!

So, after the weather cooled down, the school year started and our first Fringe Festival ended I could settle into a routine again. I also cleaned up the Studio a little, which helped immensely.

So, let's see -- up to today I've had...


January - Wedding Wall Hanging Present
February - Valentine's Wall Hanging + 1 birthday_blocks
March - 3 x blocks for birthday_blocks
April - Finish 2011 BOM top
May - 2x blocks for birthday_blocks
June - finish blocks for SIL present
August - 3x blocks for birthday_blocks

First up -- July - Assemble very late wedding quilt topper

Well, it is assembled. Also it's with the long-armer at the moment. Hoping to gift it soon.

2012 Top Complete

Once it is all done, it's going to have a post all its own.

July - Assemble very late wedding quilt topper

Next up -- September - cut t-shirts for very late t-shirt quilt top

Forever ago I made my first college roommate a t-shirt quilt from shirts she had acquired from all the different races she's run. I was really happy with how well it came out.

Finished Quilt


So, I went to the box where I had been keeping blocks and surprise -- all done!

September - cut t-shirts for very late t-shirt quilt top



October - 2x blocks for birthday_blocks

First up was Jule's block.

Jules' Block

Then Cat's block.

Cat's Block

The colors didn't come out very true on this one, the yellow is more of a cream color.

October - 2x blocks for birthday_blocks


See? All caught up! I even got a couple of bonus projects done. The Phoenix is done and that will be back from the framer's soon, so that'll have it's own post too when it's done.

Bonus Finish for September

I had the September block for our 2012-2013 BOM on LJ and I picked one of my favorite blocks from this year's birthday block, "Glory Boxes", so here it is:

Round 5 - Block 5

It feels great to be caught up! And I only have two more things on my 12 for 2012 list! I've already started compiling my 13 for 2013 list, although I have a thing or two that may keep me from getting it all done next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment