Sunday, April 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday (Weekend Edition) - Busy with a Needle!

So, as I said in my last post, I have been a stitching machine. Part of it is the fact that I've started going to my LNS "Sit and Stitch" night every Thursday. It's a fun time with some great women.

I also have a tendency to go on crafting kicks where I will play with one medium forever and then cycle around. (Right now I couldn't tell you the last thing I really crocheted or scrapped.)

Since rehearsal for my latest production starts soon, I figured I'd get a WIP post out of the way and show you all the things I have been stitching lately!

I showed you this piece back in February. I've got a little more done and although I can see the finish line, the hardest bit is yet to come because it will come with some significant re-charting. So, here it is today.

Apache Wedding Blessing 7


You may notice that it is in a hoop. (I gave up hoops a while ago!) Well, there's a reason for that. I couldn't help starting a piece I've had in stash forever ....

Phoenix Start


It's a Phoenix and it is on some lovely fabric from Silkweaver Fabrics. I cannot wait to finish this and put it on my "Phoenix wall" in my craft studio. :)

My smallest WIP is this "Mini Pom & Pear" from Jeanette Douglas. I'm dragging my feet on it at the moment because it needs three more pears in the bottom row ... worked 1-over-1...

Mini Pom & Pear


My last piece is a companion piece to "Pathways". To remind you, this is "Pathways":

Pathways



So, it was time to work on a piece to go with it, especially since I had 2 almost full skeins of silk left over! I picked "Daffa-Down Dilly" by Carolyn Mitchell. I wanted to take the class a while ago, but was honestly a little intimidated by the piece. After "Pathways", I figured why not?

Daffa-Down Dilly


So, when this is finished it will be framed to match "Pathways" and they will both go in the bedroom.

Hopefully next time, I'll have some finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment