Monday, March 25, 2013

13 for 2013 - March Update

Despite a late finish for February - March is almost over and I think I'll barely squeak out my March goal too, but I'm feeling much better about it than I did two weeks ago. So far, I've

January - Finish Alex's blanket/Ben's pillowcases
February - Finish Apache Wedding Blessing/Two Birthday Blocks

March's goal is also two part. Halfway there. Part one, 2 Birthday Blocks:

First up, Mary's block.

Mary's Sailboat

Mary has been part of the LJ community for a long time and has participated in quite a few swaps. Probably one of the closest people to me geographically - I'm hoping to do a quilting weekend soon with her! Mary blogs over at Quilty Mary Sews and Quilts. I'm still waiting to see pictures of the blocks she's accumulated so far!

Next up is Nancy's block. It's a card trick block, easy. You'd think. I had to make 2 because my scant 1/4" seam was off and the piecing wasn't up to my standards, so hopefully she can use two blocks.

Nancy's Block


The other part of my March goals was to finish all the cushions for the seating in my craft room. As of this moment, I have 3/6 done. They're not done well because they're the thick foam and I've really been going as I tend to - which is sew along and make it work. I think when all is said and done I'll have 6 covers with 4 different types of closures, but, eh, who's going to see the closures?

I can't wait to show them off when they're done!

1 comment:

  1. I will post a picture soon. I'm still waiting for one more block! They are all awesome!!

    Let me check my/my husband's calendar and send you an email about weekends in the summer that are good. :)

    ReplyDelete