Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP Wednesday - 2013 Stitch Edition

I can't believe it has been over a year since I did a WIP Wednesday and had some stitching to show for it. It's not that I haven't been stitching, I just haven't been photographing. In my own defense - I have finished 5 quilts this past year.


So, over at Fandom in Stitches, they are doing a Doctor Who Stitch-a-Long and I signed up because it was embroidery, which I can do, but in a very functional (read "not always pretty") way. So, I took it up to challenge myself and because it's Dr. Who! I've been a Whovian longer than anything else as I am progeny of a Trekkie and a Whovian - so I couldn't wait to see these patterns! I haven't been disappointed yet! (In the patterns...my embroidery skills...that's another thing)

There are five patterns out now but I only have the first two done so far.

Doctor the First

William Hartnell, the First Doctor. Done in back-stitch in a disappointing fashion. Methinks I need more embroidery classes/learning.



Doctor the Second

Patrick Troughton, the Second Doctor. I was a little more adventurous this time. Although you can't tell in the above picture, I added some green for his recorder and his spiffy bowtie.


Finger Detail

I'm actually really proud of how well some of this came out. The fingers in particular were fiddly, but I did the nails/fingertips with a stem stitch and I think they turned out really well.


French Knots

For the recorder embellishments, I did a circle of French Knots and then circled around them with a circle of green. I'm not a huge fan of French Knots, but I really think they gave it the added dimension.


Stem Stitch Two

This is the part I'm most proud of though. I did the entire number 2 in stem stitch and I <3 it! I wish I could now stem stitch everything! I love how it doesn't look all broken and dash-like like back-stitching does.

Jenelle Perrin Sampler

Next up, a class piece. It's a Jenelle Perrin piece called "Long Spring Sampler". She has one for all four seasons, all of which we'll be tackling over the next couple years or so. I have a thing for this palette, as I have two other pieces in this palette in my bedroom. After this is finished, I should put them all together.


Section One

Section One


Section Two

Two - my favorite section!


Section Three

Three - not finished yet!



Among the Cherry Blossoms

Everyone needs what I call "a 10-year project". Like my Polar Bears. The difference in this one is that it's one thread over one on 32-ct. fabric. I'm a sadist. It is a gorgeous piece though. Here's the link to the HAED site for it: Among the Cherry Blossoms.



Sheep Virtues

Can you believe I never did a monthly club or anything? Actually, I can, because I've never been a fan of any of the ones that have been at my LNS. Until these Sheep Virtues. They're really adorable. You'll have to take my word on it until I have something of substance to show you.


First Round

I've coveted a Chatelaine for a while now. They're absolutely gorgeous. Talking to some of the ladies at my stitch night, a couple either had ordered some or wanted to start one but hadn't. Three of us decided to form our own little rogue group and buy our own Chatelaine patterns. Finding out that one of them had a phoenix motif, I had to do that one first. You don't see them yet, they're in the last round. The first round is a temple and water garden.


Lantern Detail

I love these lanterns. They really make it, although they take a lot of thread!



How long before I finish something? Any takers on an over-under?









No comments:

Post a Comment